- Married and Father to three kids ages 5, 10, and 12.
- Personally instructs over 100 music students from all over the US at his studio located in Mattoon, IL
- Performs and teaches several melodic and rhythmic instruments (see list here)
- Arranges music and develops original compositions for choir, concert, orchestra and marching band programs across the US. Visit www.CKMarchingServices.com for marching band information. Award winning Marching Band programs include Mattoon, Galva, Blue Ridge, Arcola, Charleston and more.
- Assists with local school music programs with music, repairs and consulting.
- Instructor for the award winning marching percussion sections of Mattoon Middle School (2018-Current) , Mattoon High School (2010 – Current), and Arcola HS Marching Band. (2018 – present)
- Founder and Program Director for Legacy Performing Arts of Central Illinois.
- Director for the Central Illinois Home School Wood Winds and Brass Class (ensemble)
- Band Director for the Maranatha Christian School located in Mattoon, IL.
- Worship Leader of the Chris K Music Ministry leading services, special events, training musicians and consulting music programs.
- Repairs and refurbish instruments including wood wind, brass, percussion and more.
- Sells Modified/Used wood wind and brass instruments to encourage musical involvement in the community.
- Active freelance multi-instrumentalist in Central Illinois
- Part of the Hudson Music Teacher Integration Program and Vic Firth Educator team
As a highly sought after music instructor, clinician, performer and repair technician throughout Central Illinois, Christopher Keniley brings over 25 years of education and performance experience to the Mattoon, IL and surrounding areas. This includes (but not limited to) marching the Colts Drum and Bugle Corps (98-2000), recording with a variety of original and cover bands throughout the US, touring with various music ensembles, indie bands, and Christian Ministries, participating in clinics for music events and school districts, adjudicating middle and high school district auditions, solo/ensemble, and marching band competitions, performing and directing on cruise ships for theater productions and international music stars, creating music programs through Central Illinois and the list goes on. In 2009 Chris K Music was established to help better serve Mattoon, IL musicians and now musicians throughout the US. Other programs included the very popular “Praise Night” program that ran from 2012 – 2017 that hosted over 100 worship events for musicians of all ages throughout Central Illinois. Currently Christopher Keniley is director and facilitator of the popular community show band Legacy Performing Arts of Central Illinois, and the one of a kind Central Illinois Home School Band Program. Christopher also started a band program at Maranatha Christian Academy in Mattoon, IL in 2022.
Today Chris Keniley works hard to encourage musicians of all ages to participate in music through different school and community music programs. This also includes supporting the Mattoon, IL community through sponsorships and endorsements.
To learn more about Chris Keniley’s current projects or sign up for music lessons, contact Chris K Music!